Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Quick update

I'm so terrible at keeping up with a blog.  That's why my last one went to shit...my apologies to Cassie.  It's just that I get so tired and don't feel like writing.  Let's try to get an update in here...

My hands are getting so much better.  For a while my knuckles were so swollen and red and purple...now they're almost back to normal.  I even grew a synovial cyst that I named Fred.  Well Fred is disappearing and I'm happy about it.  Fred has come and gone over the years but I honestly didn't think he'd go away this time.  I think the combination of acupuncture and an increase in Methotrexate did the trick.  I actually changed from oral to injectable MTX and although I'm not so keen on doing another injection, apparently it's better absorbed so you get more for your money.  That's fine by me.

My rheumatologist called me last week and left me a voicemail saying he was calling to have a "general conversation."  He's only called me to answer my own call, so I didn't know what that meant.  Then he tried calling again.  On a Sunday.  Left a message.  Last night he tried again and got me this time...he dropped the bombshell that he's retiring at the end of the summer.  I've been with this guy for about 15 years.  My goodness.  He said he didn't want me to hear the news from the letter he's sending out since he's known me so long.  I actually think it's a good thing because I feel like I need some fresh eyes on my situation.  We'll meet in a couple weeks to discuss where I should go, who I should see.  

My chest pain issue is also starting to go away...whatever the fuck that was, it sucked for a good long time.  It's been three months...  It was gone for a few days, but started to creep back at the end of last week.  Go away you little bugger!  

That's that for now...back to my glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment