Thursday, April 21, 2016

Going it alone

My husband is away for work this week.  He travels often for work, typically a couple trips a month.  He's been doing this for our whole relationship (17 years this summer) so this is nothing new, but it's gotten harder to deal with as I've gotten sicker and since we had a child.  Every time he goes away I strive to keep everything going the way it would if there were two of us here.  I have a hard time just letting things slide...  Unfortunately taking on extra physical work in the house and with our daughter, getting less sleep while he's gone, and trying to keep up with work usually has  a bad effect.  I tend to flare just after his trips.  Needless to say every time he announces a new trip a little anxiety attack sets in.  I've gotten a little better with asking for help...from him and from others.  I try to have him clean up the house and prep for meals before he goes away.  I also try to get some extra help from my in laws or sitters or my family while he's gone.  That helps to make it a little better, but I'd still rather him just be here.  Life would be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment